THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTINUED CONTRIBUTION FOR OUR COMMUNITY!!!
- The Council of County Services is no longer to whom people should apply for assistance with past due utility bills, rent, and in other emergency situations. We provided this assistance with funding from a CSBG grant. However, the current grant was awarded to NOWCAP.com who administrates the WYCSP (Wyoming Community Services) program. People in need of assistance can find an application
- in the rack on the wall directly across from the District Court Clerk's office at the courthouse;
- online at NOWCAP.com - Click on "CSBG Application" at the bottom of the page;
- at the Sundance or Moorcroft Pantries when we are open.
- NOWCAP has been running a weekly notice in the Sundance Times classified ads page with a summary of their services and contact information.
The Council of County Services had a meeting yesterday afternoon and decided anyone in need of emergency assistance such as past due utilities or rent, eviction notices, or other emergency situations will now be referred to NOWCAP. The Council will no longer be taking applications for assistance.
The Hulett Pantry will now be in the Hulett Town Hall. It will be open the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month from 11 AM until 1 PM. In addition to local donations, the Pantry in Sundance supplies the food to stock the Hulett and Moorcroft Pantries.
The Sundance Pantry is open on the 2nd & 4th Mondays of each month from 10 AM to 2 PM-will resume in January 2017
Pantry in Moorcroft at the Senior Center across the street from Diehl's on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of each month from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
Bonnie Stahla and the Laureate Tau Sorority volunteered yesterday to help JoAnne Moore and the Good Shepherd Church in providing diapers for us, so we will have diapers sized 1 thru 6 on a regular basis now.
We no longer provide diapers and formula unless we happen to have it if it has been donated. (The Episcopal Church has been really good to donate diapers to us, so we do have them most of the time.)
At present I do have several volunteers, but anyone who would like to volunteer is still welcomed to join us.
Contact Katy Daves at 290-0436 for more information, to donate, to have food delivered to someone who is unable to come to the Pantry, or to apply to the Council of County Services if there is a need for assistance with utility cut off notices, eviction notices when they are unable to pay rent, or other emergency situations (medical, etc.).
Our contact information is:
Katy Daves, Supervisor
Crook County Food Pantry
Crook County Council of County Services
108 N 8th St
PO Box 1381
Sundance, WY 82729
Pantry Cell: 307-290-0436
There is a voice mail message on the 290-0436 number that is updated at the beginning of each month to provide the actual dates and times of the Pantry for that month, as well as contact information if assistance is needed from the Council.